Magnolia Springs, a luxury senior living community located in Carmel, IN is looking for a Director of Plant Operations (Maintenance & Housekeeping) who is customer-service oriented, dependable, and has a passion for serving others. This management position offers competitive pay & bonuses, 401k, full health benefits, and three weeks of paid time off. Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Assistant
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director of Plant Operations
Responsible for assisting Director of Plant Operations in overseeing the care and maintenance of all aspects of the community’s physical plant.
Essential Job Functions:
• We greet you warmly, by name and with a smile.
• We treat everyone with courteous respect.
• We anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
• We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
• We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
• We make you feel important.
• We embrace and value our differences.
• We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
• We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
• We pay attention to details.
Education Required (Preferred):
• High School diploma or equivalent in education, training and experience.
• The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
• Must have thorough understanding of all building systems and their interdependence;
• May require extensive math and electrical background based on size and complexity of facility.
• Possess financial management practices and the application of contractor resources to meet commitments to the quality, safety, cost, and schedule of systems.
Special Requirements (if applicable):
• Must have working knowledge of refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and pumping systems
• Must possess current and valid driver’s license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state in which the driver is licensed.
• Must possess personal driving record consistent with the requirements of Life Care Services Fleet Safety Policy.
1. Physical activities of the position:
• Lifts and carries up to 100 lbs. occasionally
• Pushes and pulls up to 100 lbs. occasionally
• Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally
• Talks and listens occasionally
• Sits 1 hour per day; stands and walks 7 hour per day (combined) – 8 hr. day
2. Physical requirements of the job:
• Medium work – Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
3. Visual acuity requirements, including color, depth perception, and field of vision:
• Machine operators (without inspection), Mechanics, Skilled Trades People: This is a minimum standard for use with those whose work deals with machines such as lathes, mills, power saws, where the seeing job is at or within arms reach. Also mechanics and skilled trades people and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
4. Environmental factors:
• The worker is exposed to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from the weather.
• The worker is subject to noise, vibration, hazards, oils land other environmental conditions.
• The worker is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).